|Home » |
Pdp Player 5-Piece Junior Drum Set With Cymbals And Throne Black
5-piece Junior Drumset w/cymbals. Ages: 4 to 9 Years. Made by Pacific Drums.
Made by DW, one of the top names in drums, this high-quality 5-piece junior drum kit includes a kick drum, two rack toms, a floor tom, and a snare. This kit also comes with a crash cymbal and a set of hi-hats. All necessary hardware, including a child-sized throne, is included. The set is ideal for children from 4 to 8 years old.
|Average Customer Rating:
|| based on 6 reviews|
Average Customer Review:
( 6 customer reviews )
Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
9 of 10 found the following review helpful:
Only "Childs" Set Worth BuyingJan 12, 2014
I am a drummer and have been for over 20 years. When our first child came I looked far and wide for a good well built kit that does not fall apart after the first 6 months. The PDP 5-Piece drum set was the winner out of several on the market. My kid is 2-1/2 and its still too big for him but he still sits on the throne without his feet touching or stands and wails on it like a rock star.
I wanted something with at least 4ply and could handle children jumping and playing on it. I also wanted a kit that has the same placement as real normal sized kits. This has both. It is very durable and has nice hardware for a beginner kit. It is also set up just like mine so I can teach him so much easier. The other kids kits on the market usually only have one rack tom connected to the kick along with a ride/crash also connected which is really abnormal to try to play. They also usually have a very strange snare and hi-hat placement. Kits like that are not meant to be played, there made to be hit. I wanted one that could be played.
All the hardware came defect free and it is easy to tune the toms and snare. The cymbals are really cheap but they work for a 2-5 year old. If you want, get some cheap Zildjian ZBT's and play those instead. Whats nice is they use real standard length lugs and rims that can be bought online at any music distributor. Other kits have 2 maybe 3 lugs per shell and are very, very hard to keep tuned.
Overall this is a very good beginner 2-7 age drum set that plays well and looks good. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a child's drum set.
Excellent 'junior' set for younger kidsFeb 18, 2015
By J. Banker
Excellent 'junior' set for younger kids. My point of view is from 20+ years of drumming.
- Hardware is basically 'adult' quality. No cheap-to-pump-it-out-the-door parts. This stuff holds together!!! The kids' previous set (First Act) kept falling apart EVERY DAY from their playing (and it wasn't abusive play!).
- Appropriately sized for the budding drummer. My son is a few months shy of six years old and it fits him very well. My daughter is a few months shy of four and it fits her very well also.
- It got the kids off of my drum set so we're not jostling for play time!
- It's just like Dad's (I added some 'Premier' stickers so it looks like another brand)
- A few pieces of hardware are below par for the set: hi-hat clutch kept unscrewing itself (I've since replaced with a regular 'adult' one...fits fine and was cheap); bass pedal might not be ok by 'pro' drummer standards but I don't have any complaints...good enough for me to jam on his set.
- Cymbals are lousy lousy lousy! But, to have good cymbals would literally double the price of the set. The metal is so thin they visibly deform, eventually flipping themselves inside out. Find some name-brand cymbals on your local craigslist to replace these. (These hi-hats are 10", so I ended up buying new ones since it's a rare size). BUT...the crash cymbal actually makes a GOOD 'china' sound when it's flipped inside out! We're keeping it that way.
Summation - if you want to develop a REAL drummer, whose body knows where drums and cymbals sit on an adult set, and can use two foot pedals...this is the one. All other kid sets (except the Ludwig Junior) do not allow the various pieces to be situated at the "correct" locations for the kids to train their body and brain in a way that won't have to be relearned later on a full size set.
Great first kit for a young child (2-8).Mar 07, 2015
Our 2-year-old wanted drums for his third birthday, and we purchased this set. It's now his obsession. The sound quality of the drums is great for the price range. Some things to note if you're not a musician / drumming parent:
1) Be patient with the set-up as the instructions aren't good for a novice. There are several videos online you can search for that will guide you through set-up. This is the primary reason for the 4 stars out of five. An intro kit, or intro "any-product", should truly be paint by numbers when it comes to the instructions. Again though, don't let this be the limiting factor with a decision to purchase as the other qualities outweigh the lacking instructions which can be easily resolved with an online search.
2) If your child commits to this drum set and subsequently developing their ear, then the one of first things you'll notice the cymbal quality lags relative to the drum sound. It's great "out of the box" to get you started, but the first items we upgraded and expanded were the cymbals as our little drummer started noticing distinct sound qualities from drum videos and songs that he wasn't getting from his kit that were primarily related to the cymbals.
All in all, this PDP JR kit is a great way to introduce your child to music / drums. It's now literally the first and last thing our three year old does every day. One small bit of advice that's not kit related -- If you're introducing your child to any drum kit, please make sure you also introduce them to some hearing protection during the same time.
6 of 9 found the following review helpful:
great kit for beginnersOct 19, 2011
I bought this kids kit from Guitar Center basically because the store was close and I wanted some info from a knowledeable salesperson. They were very helpful. Upon receival I was really surprised by several things: 1. the kit was well packaged and came undamaged to the store (good considering UPS's reputation) 2. the drum sets components are very well made, with wood shells and strong stands 3. setup is relatively simple, the kit contains a setup dvd 4. the drums can be tuned and the sound is better than I expected 5. pedals for the bass drum and hi hat are well made and look to be durable (the hi hat features a chain on the pedal, better than the strap most other brands have).
I bought the kit for my grandson who is 3. The throne (seat) of the kit is a perfect size for him and he can reach the toms with ease.
A good value and I thought reasonably priced ($250.) I'd recommend the kit highly.
Our son loves this set. He is able to ...Jan 31, 2015
By Kasey G.
Our son loves this set. He is able to go wild on the drums with no problems! My husband had no trouble putting everything together. We were impressed with the quality considering the price - definitely worth it.
See all 6 customer reviews on Amazon.com